Department: Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Courses: Spectral and hyper-spectral remote sensing (for graduate students)
Research interests: Remote sensing of cloud, precipitation and aerosol
1. Liu, Q., Y. Fu, and S. Feng (2010), Geographical patterns of cloud amount derived from ISCCP and the correlation with NCEP reanalysis datasets, Acta Meteor. Sinica, 68(5):689-704.
2. Liu, Q., Y. Fu, and Y. Wang (2010), Novel algorithm for retrieving spatial scale of precipitating clouds from low-orbiting satellite observations, J. Remote Sens., 14(4):774-788.
3. Liu, Q., and Y. Fu (2010), Comparison of radiative signals between precipitating and non-precipitating clouds in frontal and typhoon domains over East Asia, Atmos. Res., 96(2-3):436-446.
4. Liu, Q., Y. Fu, R. Yu, L. Sun, and N. Lu (2008), A new satellite-based census of precipitating and non-precipitating clouds over the tropics and subtropics, Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L07816, doi:10.1029/2008GL033208.
5. Liu, Q., and Y. Fu (2007), An examination of summer precipitation over Asia based on TRMM/TMI, Sci China Ser D-Earth Sci, 50(3), 430-411.