Tao Li, Professor of Space physics.
BS in Physics, Anhui Normal University, 1996
MS in Optics, Anhui Institute of Optics and Fine Mechanics, 1999
PhD in Physics, Colorado State University, 2005
middle atmosphere dynamics
PhD in Physics (August 2005)
Department of Physics, Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Professor (April 2008 - Present)
School of Earth and Space Sciences
University of Science and Technology of China, China Postdoctoral Fellow
Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology April 2006 - April 2008
Department of Physics, Colorado State University September 2005 - April 2006
1. Wu, Z.*, T. Li*, X. Zhang, J. Li, and J. Cun (2020), Dust Tides and Rapid Meridional Motions in the Martian Atmosphere During Major Dust Storms, Nat Commun, 11, 614 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-14510-x.
2. Li, T., Ban, C., Fang, X., Li, J., Wu, Z., Feng, W., Plane, J. M. C., Xiong, J., Marsh, D. R., Mills, M. J., and Dou, X. (2018), Climatology of mesopause region nocturnal temperature, zonal wind, and sodium density observed by sodium lidar over Hefei, China (32°N, 117°E), Atmos. Chem. Phys., 18(16), 11683–11695, doi:10.5194/acp-2018-290.
3. Li, T., N. Calvo, J. Yue, J. Russell III, A. Smith, M. Mlynczak, A. Chandran, X. Dou, and A. Liu (2016), Southern hemisphere summer mesopause responses to El Niño-Southern Oscillation. J. Climate, 29, 6319-6328, doi:10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0816.1.
4. Li, T., N. Calvo, J. Yue, X. Dou, J. M. Russell III, M. G. Mlynczak, C. -Y. She, and X. Xue (2013), Influence of El Niño-Southern Oscillation in the mesosphere, Geophys. Res. Lett., 40, 3292–3296, doi:10.1002/grl.50598.
6. Li, T., T. Leblanc, I. S. McDermid, D. L. Wu, X. Dou and S. Wang (2010), Seasonal and inter-annual variability of gravity wave activity revealed from long-term lidar observations over Mauna Loa Observatory, Hawaii, J. Geophys. Res.,115, D13103, doi:10.1029/2009JD013586.
Honors and Awards
Distinguished PhD student advisor, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)Sept 2017
First prize award for Science and Technology, Anhui Province, ChinaApril 2017
Distinguished Young Scholar, National Science Foundation of China (NSFC)October 2012