Date of Birth: Jul. 3, 1980.
96 Jinzhai rd. Hefei, Anhui, CHINA, 230026
School of Earth and Space Sciences
University of Science and Technology of China
1. Lidar innovation based on single photon detection techniques
2. Ultrafast object detection and gas tracing based on femtosecond laser
3. Laser remote sensing of atmosphere and targets
4. Physical and chemical properties of tropospheric atmosphere
B.S. Physics Department, Soochow University
M.S. Physics Department, Soochow University
Joint Training M.S. Anhui Institute of Optics and Mechanics, CAS
Ph.D. Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Joint Training Ph.D. University of Ottawa, Canada
Joint Training Ph.D. York University, Canada
Associate Professor, University of Sciences and Technology of China.
Professor, University of Sciences and Technology of China.
1) Tianwen Wei, Haiyun Xia*, Bin Yue, Yunbin Wu, and Qi Liu, Remote sensing of raindrop size distribution using Coherent Doppler Lidar, Optics Express, 17246-17257, 2021.
2) Saifen Yu, Zhen Zhang, Manyi Li, and Haiyun Xia*, Multi-frequency differential absorption lidar incorporating comb-referenced scanning laser for gas spectrum analysis, Optics Express,29(9), 12984-12995, 2021.
3) Jinlong Yuan, Haiyun Xia*, Tianwen Wei, Lu Wang, Bin Yue, and Yunbin Wu, Identifying cloud, precipitation, windshear, and turbulence by deep analysis of power spectrum of coherent Doppler wind lidar, Optics Express, 28(25), 37406-37418, 2020.
4) Tianwen Wei, Haiyun Xia*, Yunbin Wu, Jinlong Yuan, Chong Wang, and Xiankang Dou, Inversion probability enhancement of all-fiber CDWL by noise modeling and robust fitting, Optics Express, 28(20), 29662-29675, 2020.
5) Lijie Zhao, Haiyun Xia*, Yihua Hu, Tengfei Wu, Zhen Zhang, Jibo Han, Yunbin Wu, Tiancheng Luo, Time-Stretched Femtosecond Lidar Using Microwave Photonic Signal Processing, Journal of Lightwave Technology, 38(22), 6265-6271, 2020.
6) Zhen Zhang, Haiyun Xia*, Saifen Yu, Lijie Zhao, Tianwen Wei, Manyi Li, Femtosecond imbalanced time-stretch spectroscopy for ultrafast gas detection, Applied Physics Letters, 116, 171106, 2020. IF: 3.521.
7) Tianwen Wei, Haiyun Xia*, Jianjun Hu, Chong Wang, Mingjia Shangguan, Lu Wang, Mingjiao Jia, and Xiankang Dou, Simultaneous wind and rainfall detection by power spectrum analysis using a VAD scanning coherent Doppler lidar, Optics Express, 27(22), 31235-31245, 2019.
8) Mingjiao Jia, Jinlong Yuan, Chong Wang, Haiyun Xia*, Yunbin Wu, Lijie Zhao, Tianwen Wei, Jianfei Wu, Lu Wang, Sheng-Yang Gu, Liqun Liu, Dachun Lu, Rulong Chen, Xianghui Xue, and Xiankang Dou, Long-live high frequency gravity waves in atmospheric boundary layer: observations and simulations, Atmospheric Chemistry & Physics, 19, 15431-15446, 2019.
9) Chong Wang, Mingjiao Jia, Haiyun Xia*, Yunbin Wu, Tianwen Wei, Xiang Shang, Chengyun Yang, Xianghui Xue, and Xiankang Dou, Relationship analysis of PM2.5 and boundary layer height using an aerosol and turbulence detection lidar, Atmospheric Measurement Techniques, 12(6), 3303-3315, 2019.
10) Chong Wang, Haiyun Xia*, Yunbin Wu, Jingjing Dong, Tianwen Wei, Lu Wang, and Xiankang Dou, Meter-scale Spatial Resolution Coherent Doppler Wind Lidar Based on Golay Coding, Optics Letters, 44(2), 311-314, 2019.
11) Jiawei Qiu, Haiyun Xia*, Xiankang Dou, Manyi Li, Mingjia Shangguan, Chong Wang, Xiang Shang, Shengfu Lin, and Jianjiang Liu, Micro-pulse polarization lidar at 1.5 μm using a single superconducting nanowire single photon detector, Optics Letters, 42(21), 4454-4457, 2017.
12) Mingjia Shangguan, Haiyun Xia*, Chong Wang, Jiawei Qiu, Shengfu Lin, Xiankang Dou, Qiang Zhang, and Jian-wei Pan, Dual-frequency Doppler lidar for wind detection with a superconducting nanowire single-photon detector, Optics Letters, 42(18), 3541-3544, 2017.
13) Chong Wang, Haiyun Xia*, Mingjia Shangguan, Yunbin Wu, Lu Wang, Jiawei Qiu, and Renjun Zhang, 1.5 µm polarization coherent lidar incorporating time-division multiplexing, Optics Express, 25(17), 20663-20674, 2017.
14) Chao Yu, Mingjia Shangguan, Haiyun Xia*, Jun Zhang, Xiankang Dou, and Jian-Wei Pan, Fully integrated free-running InGaAs/InP single-photon detector for accurate lidar applications, Optics Express, 25(13), 14611-14620, 2017.
15) Haiyun Xia, Mingjia Shangguan, Chong Wang, Guoliang Shentu, Jiawei Qiu, Qiang Zhang, Xiankang Dou*, Jianwei Pan, Micro-pulse upconversion Doppler lidar for wind and visibility detection in the atmospheric boundary layer, Optics Letters, 41(22), 5218-5221, 2016.
16) Mingjia Shangguan, Haiyun Xia, Chong Wang, Jiawei Qiu, Guoliang Shentu, Qiang Zhang, Xiankang Dou* ,and Jian-wei Pan, All-fiber upconversion high spectral resolution wind lidar using a Fabry-Perot interferometer, Optics Express, 24, 19322-19336, 2016.
17) Haiyun Xia, Guoliang Shentu, Mingjia Shangguan, Xiuxiu Xia, Xiaodong Jia, Chong Wang, Jun Zhang, Jason S. Pelc, M. M. Fejer, Qiang Zhang*, Xiankang Dou, and Jian Wei Pan, “Long-range micro-pulse aerosol lidar at 1.5 µm with an up-conversion single-photon detector,” Optics Letters, 40(8), 1579-1582, 2015.
18) Haiyun Xia, Xiankang Dou*, Mingjia Shangguan, Ruocan Zhao, Yuli Han, Zhifeng Shu, Xianghui Xue, Yan Han, Chong Wang, Jiawei Qiu, “Stratospheric temperature measurement with scanning Fabry-Perot interferometer for wind retrieval from mobile Rayleigh Doppler lidar,” Optics Express, 22(18), 21775-21789, 2014.
19) Haiyun Xia*, Xiankang Dou, Dongsong Sun, Zhifeng Shu, Xianghui Xue, Yan Han, Dongdong Hu, Yuli Han, and Tingdi Cheng, “Mid-altitude wind measurements with mobile Rayleigh Doppler lidar incorporating systemlevel optical frequency control method,” Optics Express, 20(4), 15286-15300, 2012.
20) Haiyun Xia* and Chunxi Zhang, Ultrafast and Doppler-free femtosecond optical ranging based on dispersive frequency-modulated interferometry, Optics Express, 18, 4118-4129, 2010.
21) Haiyun Xia, Chao Wang, Sebastien Blais, and Jianping Yao*, Ultrafast and precise interrogation of fiber Bragg grating sensor based on wavelength-to-time mapping incorporating higher-order dispersion, Journal of Lightwave Technology, 28(3), 254-261, 2010.
22) Haiyun Xia, and Jianping Yao*, Characterization of Sub-Picosecond Pulses Based on Temporal Interferometry with Real-Time Tracking of higher-Order Dispersion and Optical Time Delay, Journal of Lightwave Technology, 27(22), 5029-5037, 2009.
23) Haiyun Xia* and Chunxi Zhang, Ultrafast ranging lidar based on real-time Fourier transformation, Optics Letters, 34, 2108-2110, 2009.
24) Haiyun Xia*, Chunxi Zhang, Hongqian Mu, and Dongsong Sun, Edge technique for direct detection of strain and temperature based on optical time domain reflectometry, Applied Optics, 48, 189-197, 2009.
25) Haiyun Xia*, Dongsong Sun, Yuanhong Yang, Fahua Shen, Jinging Dong, and Takao Kobayashi, Fabry-Perot interferometer based Mie Doppler lidar for low tropospheric wind observation, Applied Optics, 46, 7120-7131, 2007.
Honors and Awards
2008 Chinese Government Scholarship
2010 Jin Guofan Prize for excellent youth
2014 First Prize of Military Science and Technology Progress
2017 Gold medal with the congratulations of the jury in Geneva Inventions