Date of Birth: Jul. 3, 1980.
96 Jinzhai rd. Hefei, Anhui, CHINA, 230026
School of Earth and Space Sciences
University of Science and Technology of China
His current research interests include laser remote sensing (Coherent Doppler wind lidar, Incoherent Doppler wind lidar and Femtosecond ranging lidar), fiber-optic sensors, all-optical signal processing and ultrashort laser pulse characterization.
School of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Sciences and Technology of China.
Doctorate of Philosophy, Instrument Science and Optoelectronics Engineering,
(2008.6~ 2010.6 ) School of Information Technology and Engineering, University of Ottawa, Canada.
(2006.9~ 2011.3) Department of Instrument Science and Optoelectronics Engineering,
Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Beijing, China.
Master of Science, Optics,
(2004.3~2006.8) Anhui Institute of Optics and Mechanics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Hefei, China.
(2003.9~2004.2) School of Physical Science and Technology, Soochow University, Suzhou, China.
Bachelor of Science, Physics,
(1999.9~2003.6) School of Physical Science and Technology, Soochow University, Suzhou, China.
SELECTED PAPERS & PATENTS:
1. H. Xia and C. Zhang, "Ultrafast and Doppler-free femtosecond
optical ranging based on dispersive
frequency-modulated interferometry," Opt. Express 18, pp. 4118-4129, Feb. 2010.
2. H. Xia, C. Wang, S. Blais, and J. P. Yao, "Ultrafast and precise interrogation of fiber Bragg grating sensor based on wavelength-to-time mapping incorporating higher-order dispersion," IEEE/OSA J. Lightw. Technol., vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 254-261, Feb. 2010.
3. H. Xia, and J. Yao, "Characterization of Sub-Picosecond Pulses Based on Temporal Interferometry with Real-Time Tracking of higher-Order Dispersion and Optical Time Delay," IEEE/OSA J. Lightw. Technol., vol. 27, no. 22, pp. 5029-5037, Nov. 2009.
4. H. Xia and C. Zhang, "Ultrafast ranging lidar based on real-time Fourier transformation," Opt. Lett. vol. 34, pp. 2108-2110 Jul. 2009. This paper was selected by Virtual Journal of Ultrafast Science, vol. 8, no. 8, Aug. 2009.
5. H. Xia, C. Zhang, H. Mu, and D. Sun, "Edge technique for direct detection of strain and temperature based on optical time domain reflectometry," Appl. Opt. vol. 48, pp.189-197, Jan. 2009.
6. H. Xia, D. Sun, Y. Yang, F. Shen, J. Dong, and T. Kobayashi, "Fabry-Perot interferometer based Mie Doppler lidar for low tropospheric wind observation," Appl. Opt. vol. 46, pp.7120-7131, Oct. 2007.
I also authored or co-authored over 20 papers in refereed Chinese journals.
I also hold 6 Chinese Patents.