Magnetosphere physics, Magnetic Reconnection
09/2005 - 07/2010 PhD University of Science and Technology of China
09/2010-10/2012 Postdoc. Austrian Academy of Sciences; 01/2013 - 08/2015 Associate researcher, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, CAS; 09/2015 - 12/2019, Associate Professor, University of Science and Technology of China; 01/2020 - Now, Professor, University of Science and Technology of China
1. Rongsheng Wang*, Quanming Lu*, Rumi Nakamura, Can Huang, aimin Du, Fan Guo, Waileong Teh, Mingyu Wu, San Lu, and Shui Wang. Coalescence of magnetic flux ropes in the ion diffusion region of magnetic reconnection, Nature Physics, 2016, 12, 263–267, doi:10.1038/nphys3578.
2. Shimou Wang, Rongsheng Wang*, Quanming Lu*, Huishan Fu, Shui Wang, Direct evidence of secondary reconnection inside filamentary currents of magnetic flux ropes during magnetic reconnection, Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 3964, doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-17803-3.
3. San Lu#, Rongsheng Wang#, Quanming Lu*, V Angelopoulos, R Nakamura, AV Artemyev, PL Pritchett, TZ Liu, X-J Zhang, W Baumjohann, W Gonzalez, AC Rager, RB Torbert, BL Giles, DJ Gershman, CT Russell, RJ Strangeway, Y Qi, RE Ergun, P-A Lindqvist, JL Burch, Shui Wang, Magnetotail reconnection onset caused by electron kinetics with a strong external driver, Nature Communications, 2020, 11, 5049, doi.org/10.1038/s41467-020-18787-w.
4. Rongsheng Wang*, Rumi Nakamura, Quanming Lu*, Wolfgang Baumjohann, R. E. Ergun, J. L. Burch, Martin, Volwerk, Ali Varsani, Takuma Nakamura, Walter Gonzalez, Barbara Giles, Dan Gershman, and Shui Wang. Electron-scale quadrants of the Hall magnetic field observed by Magnetospheric Multiscale (MMS) during asymmetric reconnection, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2017, 118,1751010.
5. Rongsheng Wang*, Aimin Du, Rumi Nakamura, Quanming Lu, Yuri V. Khotyaintsev, Martin Volwerk, Tielong Zhang, Elena A. Kronberg, Patrick Daly, Andrew N. Fazakerley, Observation of multiple sub-cavities adjacent to single separatrix, Geophys. Res. Lett. 2013, 40, 2511- 2517.