Environmental Geochemistry & Pollution, Soil and Water Remediation, Transformation Mechanism and Fate of Environmental Contaminants, Minerals Interaction with Environmental Contaminants, Green Synthesis, Biowaste Conversion
University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei
• B. Yousaf #, G. Liu*, M. Ubaid Ali, Q. Abbas, Y. Liu, H. Ullah, A. Imtiyaz Cheema, Decisive role of vacuum-assisted carbonization in valorization of lignin-enriched (Juglans regia-shell) biowaste, Bioresour. Technol. 323 (2021) 124541. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biortech.2020.124541.
• Q. Abbas, B. Yousaf*, H. Ullah, M.U. Ali, M. Zia-ur-Rehman, M. Rizwan, J. Rinklebe, Biochar-induced immobilization and transformation of silver-nanoparticles affect growth, intracellular-radicles generation and nutrients assimilation by reducing oxidative stress in maize, J. Hazard. Mater. 390 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2019.121976.
• B. Yousaf #, G. Liu*, Q. Abbas, M. Ubaid, R. Wang, R. Ahmed, C. Wang, M.I. Al-wabel, A.R.A. Usman, Operational control on environmental safety of potentially toxic elements during thermal conversion of metal-accumulator invasive ragweed to biochar, J. Clean. Prod. 195 (2018) 458–469. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2018.05.246.
• Q. Abbas, B. Yousaf*, H. Ullah, M.U. Ali, Y.S. Ok, J. Rinklebe, Environmental transformation and nano-toxicity of engineered nano-particles (ENPs) in aquatic and terrestrial organisms, Crit. Rev. Environ. Sci. Technol. (2019). https://doi.org/10.1080/10643389.2019.1705721.
• B. Yousaf #, G. Liu*, Q. Abbas, R. Wang, M. Ubaid Ali, H. Ullah, R. Liu, C. Zhou, Systematic investigation on combustion characteristics and emission-reduction mechanism of potentially toxic elements in biomass- and biochar-coal co-combustion systems, Appl. Energy. 208 (2017) 142–157. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.10.059.
• H. Ullah, Q. Abbas, M.U. Ali, Amina, A.I. Cheema, B. Yousaf*, J. Rinklebe, Synergistic effects of low-/medium-vacuum carbonization on physico-chemical properties and stability characteristics of biochars, Chem. Eng. J. 373 (2019) 44–57. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2019.05.025.
• B. Yousaf #, G. Liu*, Q. Abbas, H. Ullah, R. Wang, M. Zia-ur-Rehman, Amina, Z. Niu, Comparative effects of biochar-nanosheets and conventional organic-amendments on health risks abatement of potentially toxic elements via consumption of wheat grown on industrially contaminated-soil, Chemosphere. 192 (2018) 161–170. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2017.10.137.
• B. Yousaf #, G. Liu*, Q. Abbas, R. Wang, H. Ullah, M.M. Mian, Amina, A. Rashid, Enhanced removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous media using a highly stable and magnetically separable rosin-biochar-coated TiO2@C nanocomposite, RSC Adv. 8 (2018) 25983–25996. https://doi.org/10.1039/c8ra02860e.
• Q. Abbas, B. Yousaf*, Amina, M.U. Ali, M.A.M. Munir, A. El-Naggar, J. Rinklebe, M. Naushad, Transformation pathways and fate of engineered nanoparticles (ENPs) in distinct interactive environmental compartments: A review, Environ. Int. 138 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2020.105646.
• B. Yousaf #, G. Liu*, R. Wang, Q. Abbas, M. Imtiaz, R. Liu, Investigating the biochar effects on C-mineralization and sequestration of carbon in soil compared with conventional amendments using the stable isotope (δ13C) approach, GCB Bioenergy. 9 (2017) 1085–1099. https://doi.org/10.1111/gcbb.12401.
Honors and Awards
• Top Reviewers in Environment and Ecology – WOS, September (2019)
• Top Reviewers in Cross-Field – WOS, September (2019)
• Outstanding Scientific Achievement Award, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei (2019)
• Excellent Employee Award, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei (2018)
• CAS-Foreign Young Scientist award by Chinese Academy of Sciences (2018)
• Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, China Postdoctoral Foundation (2017)
• CAS-TWAS President’s Fellowship for Ph.D, jointly awarded by Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) and The World Academy of Science (TWAS) (2014)
• M.Sc (Hons) scholarship from Punjab Government, Pakistan (2011)
• B.Sc (Hons) LC&FL Scholarship, Pakistan (2005)