Paleoclimatology, Quaternary Geology
2007/7 - 2010/6, Institute of Geology and Geophysics, CAS, Ph.D;
2004/ - 2007/6, Institute of Earth Environment, CAS, Master's degree;
2000/9 - 2004/6, Xi’an Jiaotong University, Bachelor's degree
2018.12 - now, Department of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Professor;
2017.4 - 2018.11, Department of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Associate Professor;
2015/11-2016/5, Hong Kong University, Assistant Researcher;
2012/8 - 2017.3, Department of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Associate Professor;
2010/7 - 2012/7, Department of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China, Postdoctoral Researcher
1. Zhang Jixiao, Zhou Xin*, Jiang Shiwei, Tu Luyao, Liu Xiaoyan. Monsoon precipitation, economy and wars in ancient China. Frontiers in Earth Science, 2020, doi: 10.3389/feart.2020.00317.
2. Zhan Tao, Zhou Xin*, Cheng Wenhan, He Xiaoqing, Tu Luyao, Liu Xiaoyan, Ge Junyi, Xie Yuanyun, Zhang Jun, Ma Yongfa, Li E, Qiao Yansong. Atmospheric mercury accumulation rate in northeastern China during the past 800 years as recorded by the sediments of Tianchi Crater Lake. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2020, 27: 571-578.
3. Zhou Xin, Liu Zhonghui, Yan Qing, Zhang Xiaolin, Yi Liang, Yang Wenqing, Xiang Rong, He Yuxin, Hu Bangqi, Liu Yi, Shen Yanan. Enhanced tropical cyclone intensity in the western North Pacific during warm periods over the last two millennia. Geophysical Research Letters, 2019, 46: 9145-9153.
4. Liu Xiaoyan, Zhan Tao*, Zhou Xinying*, Wu Haibin, Li Qin, Zhao Chao, Qiao Yansong, Jiang Shiwei, Tu Luyao, Ma Yongfa, Zhang Jun, Jiang Xia, Lou Benjun, Zhang Xiaolin*, Zhou Xin*. Late onset of the Holocene rainfall maximum in northeastern China inferred from a pollen record from the sediments of Tianchi Crater Lake. Quaternary Research, 2019, 92: 133-145.
5. Jiang Shiwei, Luo Wuhong, Tu Luyao, Yu Yanyan, Fang Fang, Liu Xiaoyan, Zhan Tao, Fang Lidong, Zhang Xiaolin*, Zhou Xin*. The Holocene optimum (HO) and the response of human activity: A case study of the Huai River Basin in eastern China. Quaternary International, 2018, 493: 31-38.
6. Tu Luyao, Zhou Xin*, Cheng Wenhan, Liu Xiaoyan, Yang Wenqing, Wang Yuhong. Holocene East Asian winter monsoon changes reconstructed by sensitive grain size of sediments from Chinese coastal seas: A review. Quaternary International, 2017, 440: 82-90.
7. Zhou Xin, Sun Liguang, Zhan Tao, Huang Wen, Zhou Xinying, Hao Qingzhen, Wang Yuhong, He Xiaoqing, Zhao Chao, Zhang Jun, Qiao Yansong, Ge Junyi, Yan Pei, Yan Qing, Shao Da, Chu Zhuding, Yang Wenqing, Smol P. John. Time-transgressive onset of the Holocene Optimum in the East Asian monsoon region. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 2016, 456: 39-46.
8. Zhou Xin, Sun Liguang, Chu Yangxi, Xia Zehui, Zhou Xinying, Li Xiangzhong, Chu Zhuding, Liu Xiangjun, Shao Da, Wang Yuhong. Catastrophic drought in East Asian monsoon region during Heinrich event 1. Quaternary Science Reviews, 2016, 141: 1-8.
Honors and Awards
National Natural Science Foundation of China - Outstanding Youth Foundation;
Member of Youth Innovation Promotion Association, CAS