male, Dr., Professor of Geochemistry,
Department：School of Earth and Space Sciences, USTC
Mailing Address：No. 96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei 230026, China
PhD supervisor. Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hefei University of Technology, 1985; Master’s degree in Structural Geology, Hefei University of Technology, 1988; PhD in Geochemistry, USTC, 2000. From July 1988 to Jan. 2004, he worked at Anhui Institute of Geology (Today’s Geological Survey of Anhui Province), successively as assistant engineer, engineer, senior engineer (in 1995) and professor (in 1999); 1994.5-1994.7, was sent to Dept. of Geology of ETH Zurich, Switzerland for advanced study on Structural Geology; went to Italy, Japan and Norway for multiple international cooperation and scientific research in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2007. He become a professor of USTC in Feb. 2004 and PhD supervisor in 2005.He is mainly engaged in metamorphic petrology, petrologic geochemistry, isotopic geochronology and tectonics. He has presided or taken part in as principal or one of key researchers of projects related to the Dabie orogen, including 11 projects of National Natural Science Foundation of China (one major and two key projects), three Chinese 973 Projects and one project of Doctoral Fund of Ministry of Education of China, and has made some significant findings and breakthrough in the studied fields.He has published more than 90 papers and 3 monographs. He won the Second Prize of Anhui Science and Technology Progress Award in 1991, the Third Prize of National Natural Science Award in 1997, the First Prize of Anhui Natural Science Award in 2002 and 2008, and the Second Prize of National Natural Science Award of China in 2010. He was granted Special Government Allowance by State Council of P.R. China in 2001.
He is mainly focused on the geochronology and petrologic geochemistry of HP to UHP metamorphic rocks and tectonics of continental collision orogen, especially involved in elemental and isotope behavior and exhumation mechanism of UHP rocks during continental subduction and collision.
Current research projects:
1. Geochronology and chemical differention during continental deep subduction and exhumation (the National Basic Research Program of China, 2009-2013)
2. Neoproterozoic foreign low-grade metamorphic slices in the western Beihuaiyang zone of the Dabie orogen and their geochronology and geochemistry (the National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2010-2012)
3. Peak metamorphic age and cooling history of the Luotian eclogite in the North Dabie complex zone, central China (the PhD Foundation of the Ministry of Education of China, 2009-2011).
1. Liu Y.-C., Li S., Xu S. et al. 2005. Geochemistry and geochronology of eclogites from the northern Dabie Mountains, central China. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 25: 431-443.
2. Liu Y.-C, Li S., Xu S. 2007. Zircon SHRIMP U-Pb dating for gneiss in northern Dabie high T/P metamorphic zone, central China: Implication for decoupling within subducted continental crust. Lithos, 96: 170-185.
3. Liu Y.-C., Li S.-G., Gu X.-F. et al. 2007. Ultrahigh-pressure eclogite transformed from mafic granulite in the Dabie orogen, east-central China. Journal of Metamorphic Geology, 25: 975-990.
4.Liu Y.-C., Wang A.-D., Rolfo F. et al. 2009. Geochronological and petrological constrains on Palaeoproterozoic granulite facies metamorphism in southeastern margin of the North China Craton. Journal of Metamorphic Geology, 27: 125-138.
5. Liu Y.-C., Gu X., Li S. et al. 2011. Multistage metamorphic events in granulitized eclogites from the North Dabie complex zone, central China: evidence from zircon U-Pb age, trace element and mineral inclusion. Lithos, 122: 107-121.