School of Earth and Space Science
JinZai Road 96, Hefei
Liu Guijian, male, currently works as a professor at the School of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC).
From September 1984 to July 1988, Liu studied at the Department of Geology, Anhui University of Technology, and graduated with a B.S. in Coal Geology & Exploration.
From September 1993 to July 1996, Liu continued his studies in Anhui University of Technology and obtained his M.S. in Coal & Petroleum Geology and Exploration after graduation. From September 1996 to July 1999, Liu did his Ph.D. studies in China University of Mining and Technology and graduated with a Ph.D. in Mineral Prospecting and Exploration with his research direction lying in environmental geochemistry.
From July 1988 to September 1993, Liu worked at the Shandong Bureau of Coal Geology in charge of geotechnical affairs and management work. From September 1999 to April 2000, Liu worked at the Shandong Institute of Coal Geological Engineering Exploration in charge of geotechnical affairs and management work.
From April 2000 to April 2002, Liu undertook his postdoctoral research at the School of Earth and Space Sciences, University of Science and Technology of China.
Since April 2002, Liu has been working as a professor of Environmental Science at the School of Earth and Space Sciences of USTC.
Environmental Geochemisrty, Coal Geology, Trace element and health, Energy and Environment
1) Comparative Study of the quality of some coals from the Zibo Coal Field - Energy,2003,28(10)：969-978 - 2003 - 2003
2) Distribution of hazardous trace elements during coal beneficiation - Geochimical et Cosmochimica Acta, 2004, 68 (11): 5 - 2004 - 2004
3) Leaching behavior of Fly Ashes from Power Plants [J] - Acta Geological Sinica, 2004, 78(3): 720-723 - 2004 - 2004
4) Petrological and Mineralogical Characterizations and Chemical Composition of Coal Ashes from Power Plants in Yanzhou Mining District, China. - Fuel Processing Technology, 2004,85（15）:1635-1646 - 2004 - 2004
5) Petrographic and Geochemical contrasts and environmentally significant trace elements in marine -influenced coal seams ,Yanzhou Mining Area, China - Journal of Asian Earth Science, 2004, 23(4):491-50 - 2004 - 2004
6) The characterization of coal quality from the Jining coalfield[J] - Energy,2005,30(10):1903-1914 - 2005 - 2005
7) Mineral and chemical composition and some trace element contents in coals and coal ashes from Huaibei coal field, China[J] - Energy Conversion and Management, 2005, 46 :2001-2 - 2005 - 2005
8) Geochemistry of sulfur in Chinese coal. - Geochimica et Cosmoch imica Acta, 2005, 69(10): 84 - 2005 - 2005
9) Toxic Trace Elements As, F and Se in Chinese indoor Coals combustion and Their Health Implications, - Review of Environmental Contaminated and Toxicity - 2006 - 2006,Vol.189
10) Metal exposure and Alzheimer’s pathogenesis - Journal of Structural Biology, - 2006 - 2006, 155 (1): 45-51